1. Describe the difference between a unilateral and multilateral trade agreement. 2. Give 2 examples of a multilateral trade approach. 3. How is NAFTA classified ?
– Prepare a written report about Amazon that includes the following information:
1. Perform a PEST analysis for the organization.
2. Perform a Porters 5 Forces analysis for the organization.
3. Perform a SWOT analysis for the organization.
4. Based on the results of your analyses, make recommendations for how the company could be led in a new direction. Justify your recommendations with reference to your analyses.
Case studies are an important learning strategy in business classes as they provide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company.
Select one of the three case studies listed below, which can be found in your textbook. Evaluate the case of your choice, and respond to each of the questions below using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting research.
Option 1: Nike (pp. 30–31)
How has the industry in which Nike resides been doing over the last 5 years?What are the pros, cons, and risks associated with Nike’s core marketing strategy? How have they managed to develop a strong customer relationship with their target market?Who are the top three competitors of Nike, and what are their advantages/disadvantages with respect to their product/service development?Looking at the competitors you discussed in question #3, what would you recommend as being the next steps for these competitors and, subsequently, the next steps for Nike to combat these competitors?
Option 2: Cisco (pp. 58–59)
How is building a brand in a business-to-business (B2B) context different than that of a business-to-consumer (B2C) market? How has Cisco managed to develop a strong customer relationship with their target market?How has the industry in which Cisco resides been doing over the last 5 years?Who are the top three competitors of Cisco, and what are their advantages/disadvantages with respect to their product/service development?Is Cisco’s plan to reach out to consumers a viable one? Why, or why not? As a marketing manager for Cisco, what would you recommend to be the next steps?
Option 3: Intel (pp. 59–60)
Discuss how Intel changed ingredient-marketing history. What did it do so well in those initial marketing campaigns? How did Intel manage to develop a strong customer relationship with their target market?How has the industry in which Intel resides been doing over the last 5 years?Who are the top three competitors of Intel, and what are their advantages/disadvantages with respect to their product/service development?Evaluate Intel’s greatest risks and strengths as the industry moves out of the personal computer (PC) era. Identify the next steps that Intel needs to employ in order to maintain its competitive advantage.
In late November, the US reversed its sudden withdrawal from Syria and resumed operations against Daesh (ISIS) in Syria. Given the effects of US involvement or withdrawal on a number of global issues, in your assessment, should the US continue to conduct military operations against Daesh (ISIS) in Syria? What are the regional and global implications for both US involvement and withdrawal?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/us/politics/trump-turkey-syria.html?module=inline (Links to an external site.)
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/22/772387023/turkey-russia-reach-deal-to-control-syrian-areas-once-patrolled-by-the-u-s (Links to an external site.)
US Resumes Operations in Syria:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/us/politics/us-syria-isis.html?actioclick&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage (Links to an external site.)
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/13/778637632/in-syria-u-s-military-says-fight-will-continue-against-isis (Links to an external site.)
Civilian Casualties and Displacement:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50503857?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cx1m7zg0w5zt/syria&link_location=live-reporting-story (Links to an external site.)
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/10/25/773458865/unicefs-top-syria-official-we-have-witnessed-huge-amounts-of-distress-among-kids (Links to an external site.)
Write about an economic-related problem or author that interests you.How has monetary policies reverted recession in the past?
Research some Digital/Computer forensics certifications, and choose one. What is the organization that supports the certification? What is the cost of the certification? Based on research, is the certification easy/difficult? What are the re-certification requirements (CPEs, retests, etc.)
• Reflect upon all the different kinds of public health challenges that were depicted or discussed over the semester. Select and succinctly identify one public health challenge (e.g. a disease, a health condition, an environmental problem, a social or behavioral problem) that interests you. (If you wish, you may continue to address a problem you identified in the first paper; however, this paper is not limited to a population or sub-population within emerging adults unless you choose that focus.)
• Describe and substantiate why your selected issue is a threat to the health of the public using data and evidence from the scientific literature. This evidence should be a bit more extensive than the first paper. That means that you will need to search and reference the scientific literature in your paper. A minimum of five references should be included.
• Define the population(s) most vulnerable to the problem you are addressing.
• Identify the array of stakeholders relative to the challenge you described. Who has a vested interest in the problem you chose and why?
• Ecology was defined in the reading, and an ecological perspective of public health has been discussed several times in class and in your assigned reading. Analyze your selected problem from an ecological perspective identifying the relationships and interactions of people and their environments (human and non-human systems) related to the problem. You may find it helpful to apply a diagram to illustrate the relationships.
• Why is it important to address the issue that you selected? What negative consequence(s) would accrue to the population you have chosen and to society at large if the problem is not addressed?
• Identify at least one public health agency likely to be involved in addressing the problem you selected, and briefly explain why. An appropriate agency may be local, regional, or national depending upon the nature of your selected problem
• Clearly describe the role of at least one kind of public health professional (but not a specific person) who is likely to be involved in defining and/or resolving the problem that you identified. Refer to class presentations, discussions and your textbook to choose.
1 – The discipline of public relations has changed and evolved over the past 100 years or so. It has evolved through various stages and milestones. Choose 3 aspects or features or characteristics of the public relations discipline that have evolved through these various stages and milestones. Briefly describe the evolution and more fully explain the current 2019 status of each of the three aspects, features or characteristics you have chosen. Support each with evidence taken from course readings, lectures, project materials and guest speakers, properly citing these references.
In your conclusion, choose one of the three and conclude why you think that that aspect, feature, or characteristic has been the most important of the three in the development of the PR discipline.
2 – We know from the course readings, lectures, guest speakers and projects that public relations has been difficult to define by those working in public relations and thus difficult to understand by those not in public relations. There are many reasons why this is the case.
Choose three important reasons why there is no consensus on a single definition of public relations and why there continues to be a lack of agreement as well as misunderstandings of what public relations is all about. Describe each reason and then support each reason with evidence taken from course readings, lecture notes, project materials and guest speakers, properly citing these references.
In your conclusion, argues whether public relations will or will not ever have a single and succinct definition with which everyone in public relations will agree and with which anyone outside of public relations will understand.
3 – You are a CEO leading a company or a Deputy Minister leading a government department or a President leading a not-for-profit organization. You do not have a public relations/communication department in your organization. you need to create that department. You will need a Chief Communication Officer (CCO) to lead that department. What do you think the overall purpose or mission or role of the new department should be? What do you think the most important capabilities or responsibilities of the new public relations/communication department should be? What do you think the most important competencies or skill sets of the CCO should be?
In your essay, create and describe:
1 – a (1) purpose or mission statement for the department;
2- five (5) capabilities or responsibilities for the department:
3- three (3) competencies or skills of the CCO.
For each, explain why you chose that purpose/mission statement, the five capabilities/responsibilties and the three competencies/skills. Support your explanation with evidence from the course materials, readings, lectures.
In your conclusion, conclude by stating what the two (2) most important things the CEO, DM, or, President should do to guarantee the success of the new, modern public relations department.
Use the information on the files provided to fill in the excel sheet.
1. Populate assumptions from Word document to cells B3 to B13
2. Create a cash flow schedule starting at cell E23. If you create the cash flows according to line item descriptions, the preferred equity section will work.
3. Create a small debt schedule starting at cell C57. Your results in the schedule should be referenced back to the cash flow schedule.
Another file will be added to use for an example of the case study. The 10_30_19
Utilize the Mind Manager/ MindMap software as a tool to formulate and develop a data extraction plan. This plan starts by identifying a Pediatric hypothetical clinical/practice question where data from the EHR or other devices could be used to answer this question.